Terms and conditions specific to gift vouchers.
Photography gift vouchers.
Gift vouchers are for either Natural light or Studio shoot plus:-
- 3 fully edited digital images to use as you wish.
- 3 fully edited digital images. +Framed A3 print.
- 3 fully edited digital images. +Framed A2 print.
- 3 fully edited digital images. + 75cm x 50cm acrylic.
- 3 fully edited digital images. + 120cm x 80cm acrylic
Other gift voucher options are available.
The cost of indoor facilities and significant travel costs are not included in the cost of the gift voucher. Time and venue to be mutually agreed and outdoor shoots are subject to weather conditions. I don’t mind getting up early if you want that morning mist or working late if you want to ride across the sunset. A good time of year is when the horses first get their summer coats but late May and early June tends to be very busy. Subject to commitments I can do short notice e.g. if we are lucky enough to get snow.
I’ve not failed yet but there’s going to be an uncooperative horse out there somewhere so no guarantee can be made regarding the final images or portraits of the horse.
Photo shoots provided by gift vouchers should be booked within 12 months of gift voucher purchase but can be extended by mutual agreement and may be subject to increase in costs (e.g. acrylic dibond prices etc.). If I am kept fully informed gift vouchers can be transferred to third parties.
The greatest care will be taken and at all times but you are responsible for the health and safety of you and your horse whilst I am responsible for my own health and safety and the safety of my equipment and/or team. You will be responsible for the presentation and turnout of yourself and your horse and will be expected to help in the handling and posing. If additional help is needed I can provide extra handlers as well as stylists and makeup artists for the owners.
Henry Szwinto remains the owner of all images and horse portraits that result from the shoot provided by the gift voucher and reserves the right to use them for his own purposes including advertising and promotion unless otherwise agreed. Further digital images, prints or acrylics will be available for purchase.
Photo shoots provided through gift vouchers are subject to the same general terms and conditions as listed below.
Horse Portraits General Terms and Conditions.
Taking portraits of horses is never an exact science so here’s some of the things to be aware of.
Equine Photography Code of practice and Agreements.
- The welfare of both horse and rider are absolutely paramount. I as a photographer have no knowledge of where the safe limits of an individual horse lie so it is the responsibility of the owner and rider to say “no” if there is any doubt. Any individual concerned or observing should question anything they feel is unsafe.
- Particularly in the case of “action” photography the shoot will be terminated if the horse starts to show signs of injury, fatigue, distress or continues to be uncomfortable and stressed about a piece of equipment or lighting technique etc.
- Each shoot will aim to produce a number of photographs or horse portraits that are agreed by the owner/rider and myself beforehand. The agreed images can be suggested by any party involved but may be limited by feasibility, circumstance, facilities or horse and rider ability. There may be circumstances beyond my control where certain horse portraits are impossible or the shoot has to be terminated early.
- The owner/rider is responsible for themselves and the horse (including risk or actual injury), their own property and facilities (including wear and tear or damage). I in turn am responsible for my own photography equipment (including wear and tear or damage) and my own safety.
- Owners of the horse and property and any models concerned must sign model release forms and property release forms as appropriate. Any models under the age of 18 require model release forms and photo shoot agreement forms signed by their parent or guardian.
- The photographs and portraits of horses remain the copy written property of Henry Szwinto Photography but are available to all parties concerned under pre-agreed terms. Henry Szwinto will be free to use all images for competition, promotional or resale purposes unless prior agreements have been made.